What are the WEEE Regulations?
The 2018 Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations require producers who manufacturer, import or rebrand electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) to pick up the recovery, treatment and recycling costs for their old products.
As an EEE producer, you are responsible for:
- Join a WEEE Compliance scheme like Electrolink
- Registering as a producer each year
- Marking your products with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol and a date mark
- Ensuring distributors you supply have your producer registration number
- Keeping records for at least 4 years of the amount of EEE put on the market by category
- Taking on distributor responsibilities if you sell EEE directly to UK households